Wednesday 14 June 2017

The Moon I Saw Over The Pacific

The Moon I Saw Over The Pacific


I guess it's the same moon I saw over the pacific
Because wherever I go, it follows me like a trick
Mother used to say, "look, the moon is following you"
This bright yellow round light was over at the pacific,
where I was in the veranda lounging and drinking hot cocoa.
I even compared it to a round cheese cake, my favorite sweets
That's how I used to think when I was a little girl of eight.
We even had a game of hide and seek when it's full and bright.
When I hide, it disappears in dark clouds.
When I came out, its incredible moonbeams cascaded above my
head.
Hush, a strange feeling enveloped my whole being.
Western world is where I am now.
When the moon is full, I look up the sky, stare at the phenomena
I mumble few words, thinking back of my childhood in the tropics,
The fun we had, the game we played hide and seek,
And it's the same moon I saw over the pacific.